Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Queen's Town

Written by Charles October 14, 2013


When we landed in New Zealand it was about 50 degrees Fahrenheit.  For five people who live in Puerto Rico and just arrived from Hawaii, it was freezing.  It is the end of spring and it was still that cold.  (Yes, we’re that bad of wimps.)  So we landed in Queenstown, got lunch and my mom and Miss Jenn took a nap.  Me, my dad, and I went to get a coat and hat for everyone.

After getting the coats, we went down a luge track.  It is basically a golf cart path down the not so steep part of the mountain.  We had little sleds that had wheels and barely any brakes.  We all got three goes on the luge.  It was really awesome, and we all went super fast.


After that, we went down the gondola and walked back to the hotel room.  Then we got pizza and watched the Lord of the Rings.  We only got through half of the first movie.  Tomorrow we are doing a tour of the mountains in a jeep, which will either be fun or boring.

Written by William October 14, 2013


Three days ago we went on a plane ride from Hawaii to New Zealand, and now we are in Queenstown, NZ. We got on the flight, and I was really surprised by how nice the seats were; they were lay down seats, and they had tempur-pedic mattress toppers with blankets and overnight kits. I nicknamed them bubble seats because it was as if you were in your own little bubble. We also had our own TV monitors with remote controls that had phones on the back. I slept for 8 hours during that flight.





Sunday morning we arrived in Queenstown, NZ. Our teacher and our mom didn’t sleep at all on the flights, so they were boring and took naps. My brother, dad, and I went on the luge, which is 1.5km long. Charles was a speed demon and went mach 10. I tried to keep up with him, but I crashed a lot. On our second round I didn’t try to keep up and went a little slower, so I stopped crashing. I kept cutting off my dad. Ha ha, it was so much fun. He kept on trying to pass me for some odd reason. 


1 comment:

  1. Just found you are in a world trip ! good luck and be safe ! I was reading with Nicholas about your every days projects, Super ! Nice pictures and hope you enjoy such a wonderful experience. We have received a postal from you! thanks.

    ReplyDelete