Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Doubtful Sound and a helicopter tour over the glaciers


10-17-13 Charles

Today and the day before, we were on the boat tour.  It was my least favorite part of the tour. Even though we saw penguins, dolphins, seals, trees, some more trees, water, more water, some more water, more water, waterfalls, and a lot of rain it was still boring.  We saw everything (except the trees, rain, water, waterfalls, and clouds) for about five minutes.  We only saw the penguins’ heads and the dolphins’ fins.  


The seals, on the other hand, were cool because they all lifted their heads at us and went back to sleep.  There were a few seal pups, and they played tag with each other. Most of the time we played games around the boat with a friend that we met named Andrew. We played a game of walking team tag. Then I played cards with my parents. William and Andrew played connect four.  It was gray and raining all day, night, and morning. William, my mom, my dad, and I said that it was a waste of money!

When we got back to Queenstown we tried to go sky diving again, but it was too windy.  We finished watching the second Lord of the Rings movie and then we went to bed. I have no idea what we are going to do tomorrow, but I think it involves lots of school.



Written by William October 17, 2013



We went on a very boring boat tour in a place called Doubtful Sound. It was like a ferry you sleep on. We played with the only other kid on the boat; his name was Andrew, and he is from Southern Australia. We speed walked around the deck, and we tried to tag whoever was hiding. I saw a lot of seals and a few penguins. We just saw the little penguins' heads pop up and go back down. Then we had to go to bed, sadly. The next morning Charles woke me up, and it was not fun at all. He shook me and said earthquake! 45 minutes later I woke up. We saw a lot of waterfalls and a lot of ocean. 

Written by Charles October 18, 2013

Today was a school day. We did school all morning and most of the afternoon. We took a break to do the world's most awesome putt putt golf course ever. It was a mini city that was golf friendly. They had a castle, lumber mill, church, river, ski run, downtown, and even a factory.  You could golf through the obstacles. We did not really do anything really exciting today. We are sadly going to leave Queenstown tomorrow, and I think we are going to Wellington.


Written by William October 19, 2013

For some odd reason, my parents made me get up at 6:30am today. Before I knew it, we were going on a helicopter ride. Oops, have to turn off electronics; I'll be right back....Ok, I am back. Charles went on the helicopter with Crocs, and then we landed on a mountain. Of course there was snow where we landed, so his feet were really cold. We saw glaciers, waterfalls, and snow. We went around 20 feet from the tops of the trees, and that's when you feel like you're going really fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment